Why become a member of Cornwall Law Society?
The Society is an active, inclusive and supportive organisation.
Some of the key benefits are:
- a professional forum for lawyers within Cornwall;
- it is a focus of communication for lawyers in the area to and from the national Law Society;
- representation of the profession both in the county and outside eg to local government, other professionals and the national Law Society;
- regular, cost effective CPD training events throughout the year on a variety of topics at extremely competitive prices including practice management, legal updates and compliance. Recent events have covered topics on property litigation, contentious probate, criminal law and residential and commercial property updates;
- reduced prices for additional fee earners or trainees attending at training;
- quarterly newsletters offering members the chance to advertise vacancies and read about current issues facing the practice;
- It provides social functions including;
- an Annual Dinner in February
- the AGM and free Dinner for members in November
- regular Junior Lawyer Division social events
- a professional forum for lawyers within Cornwall
For trainees and newly qualified lawyers the benefits the Society can offer are even greater as they have a chance to network with their peers and build working relationships (and possibly even friendships) which will hopefully assist them in their future careers. We therefore urge Managing Partners to seriously consider the benefits that membership and participation would bring not only to the individuals of their firm but also your firm as a whole. Information on the Junior Lawyers Division can be found on here.