Litigation Legal Assistant
Litigation Legal Assistant
Salary: £25,000 – £29,000 depending on skills and experience
Employment Type: Permanent
Hours per week: Full time
Location: Office based in Launceston
Parnalls Solicitors Ltd. are seeking an experienced LITIGATION LEGAL ASSISTANT to join our team. We are a prestigious and well-established law firm with a strong reputation for providing exceptional legal services in the field of litigation. We strive to deliver excellent results for our clients across a wide range of complex legal matters. This position would suit an experienced legal assistant who is looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to progress their career with a forward thinking practice.
This is a full-time role based in our Launceston office. The hours are 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Audio typing and copy typing of memos, correspondence and legal documentation.
- Dealing with clients both face-to-face and over the telephone, taking accurate messages and following up on agreed action.
- Diary management and arranging appointments.
- Management of email accounts.
- Effective file management supporting the fee earner as required.
- Ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Personal work for the director.
- Legal Assistant experience.
- Strong IT and Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent copy and digital audio typing skills (minimum 60 wpm).
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organisational skills.
- High standard of customer service skills in order to deal with queries from internal and external clients in a professional, polite and considerate manner.
- Self motivated and able to work on own initiative with a good understanding of the need to prioritise.
- Time Management skills demonstrating the ability to work to deadlines whilst ensuring a high standard of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility in meeting client demands in both the nature of work undertaken and working hours.
- Ability to contribute in a team environment supporting other assistants and fee-earners as appropriate.
- Exceptional confidentiality skills.
- Have a knowledge of SOS document management system (desirable)
- Have a knowledge of Crescendo digital dictation (desirable)
Parnalls Solicitors has been one of the leading legal firms in the West Country. Our staff are committed to helping all our clients deal with the legal aspects of life. Our forté is to combine sound, old fashioned values with the latest in legal thinking and technology to offer a premium local service and experience, at rates which are more competitive than larger city-based firms.
Parnalls Solicitors Ltd. is part of a parent company – Parnall Group.
- All successful applicants will be subject to a Basic DBS Check. Please Note: A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position.
- Direct applicants only.
We’re creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Organisations that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be better places to work and are more successful. Importantly, we are creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. In short we see this as the right thing to do for the best of reasons.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Join us on social media!
You’ll find us on Facebook and LinkedIn.