Parnalls Solicitors Ltd. are seeking an experienced COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY SOLICITOR to join our very established law firm based in Launceston. You will be an excellent communicator, active in building and developing client relationships as well as managing a busy and varied caseload. A familiarity with rural and agricultural property matters is important due to the nature of our client base.
You will also be required to assist in managing the department and you will naturally motivate, lead, support and coach your team to enable the effective completion of our services to the best standards possible.
This is a full-time role based in our Launceston office. The hours are 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Responsibilities will include:
- Taking a client’s instructions
- Advising a client on the law and legal issues relating to their case
- Drafting documents, letters and contracts tailored to the client’s individual needs
- Negotiating with clients and other professionals to secure agreed objectives
- Supervising the implementation of agreements
- Coordinating the work of all parties involved
- Supervising and delegating work to trainee solicitors and assistants as appropriate
- Checking all documentation prior to signing and implementing
- Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the law
- Undertaking a range of continuing professional development (CPD)
Preferably 5 years post qualification experience of working in all areas of Commercial and Residential Property Law. Experience to include general commercial property transactions such as negotiating leases for landlord and tenants, development agreements, property finance, acquisitions of development sites, portfolio acquisitions and sales, overages, freehold purchases and sales.
- Flexibility and ability to manage a busy caseload
- Commercial awareness
- Good communication skills
- A team player who can adapt priorities to meet tight deadlines
- Drive and enthusiasm for the commercial property sector
- Strong IT and Microsoft Office skills
- A knowledge of the SOS document management system would be an advantage
This position would suit an experienced commercial/residential solicitor who is looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to progress their career with a forward thinking practice. You will have an enthusiasm for taking part in business development and networking activities.
Parnalls Solicitors has been one of the leading legal firms in the West Country. Our staff are committed to helping all our clients deal with the legal aspects of life. Our forté is to combine sound, old fashioned values with the latest in legal thinking and technology to offer a premium local service and experience, at rates which are more competitive than larger city-based firms.
Parnalls Solicitors Ltd. is part of a parent company – Parnall Group.
- All successful applicants will be subject to a Standard DBS Check. Please Note: A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position.
- Direct applicants only.
We’re creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Organisations that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be better places to work and are more successful. Importantly, we are creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. In short we see this as the right thing to do for the best of reasons.
To apply, please click on the button below
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.